• Photo: DB Cargo


Artikel Nummer: 36321

Freight trains even quieter by 2025

Less rail noise in Germany: by 2025 all DB Cargo‘s 850 electric locomotives will use quieter disc brakes – 90% of these engines have already been equipped accordingly. An obligatory ramp-up now applies to the remaining 10%.


DB Cargo Germany will purchase only freight wagons with innovative noise protection components in future. To further reduce rail traffic noise, the railfreight company will phase out its diesel locomotives of the 232/233 series by 2030. These high-emission vehicles of Soviet production will then reach the end of service after more than 50 years of use.


The company is also planning more large-scale investments in noise protection measures along the rail tracks, DB Cargo said. (ben)




Related news