• Photo: CR


Artikel Nummer: 31321

Further growth of Eurasian traffic forecast

In 2016-2018 the market along the Eurasian corridor grew vigorously, but in 2018 and especially in 2019 the dynamic changed from fast to moderate growth and volumes were estimated at 345,000 teu, according to the latest study by UIC, the worldwide railway organisation.


About 95% of Euro-Asian transit in both directions goes via Russia, while the remaining 5% uses the middle corridor through Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Georgia and other routes.


The macroeconomic background under baseline scenario supposes favourable conditions for further growth of Eurasian traffic until 2030, but also increasing disbalance between eastbound and westbound traffic ranging between 42-43% to 58-57%. (ben)




Related news