• Photo: Daily archive


Artikel Nummer: 5841

Russian Railways sending test train to North Korea

Russian Railways is carrying out two pilot runs of freight train hauling 9 t of coal. The trial is part of the Khasan-Rajin international transport project. The two trains will travel to the border station Khasan in the Russian Federation before departing for Tumangan station in North Korea, where the coal will be further transhipped to the port of Rajin.


The project is being implemented by the RasonKonTrans joint venture, which was set up in 2008 with a 70% equity stake from the RZD Trading House and the remaining 30% from the North Korean port of Rajin. On completion of the project, additional traffic will be attracted to the trans-Siberian Railway. Freight traffic on the Khasan - Rajin line via the port of Rajin is expected to reach about 4 million t per annum. (ben)




Related news