• Photo: Geis


Artikel Nummer: 45055

Geis acquires majority stake in Quehenberger

The Geis Group, headquartered in Germany, is taking over 66% of the shares of Austria-based Quehenberger Logistics with retroactive effect from 1 January 2023. The remaining 34% are held by the previous majority owner Christian Fürstaller.


As CEO of Quehenberger Logistics, Fürstaller will continue to run the business in the existing company structure and with all employees, the two logistics providers said. Geis and Quehenberger complement each other almost perfectly, both geographically and in terms of performance. The two companies are active in related business areas, but for the most part in different countries.


In addition to the core markets of Germany and Austria, the group of companies aims to consolidate its presence above all in Central and South-Eastern Europe. Its logistics portfolio ranges from road haulage and contract logistics to air and sea freight.


With a total of around 10,000 employees at about 200 locations in 13 countries and a turnover of approximately EUR 2 billion, the group of companies is on the way to becoming one of the largest logistics players in its markets.


The country organisations in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine are not part of the takeover, since they were spun off into a separate holding company, CF Logistics, in 2022.




Related news